PDA

View Full Version : Build Sheet Available for 70 AMX

Wuttin
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm a Corvette guy myself but I have a co-worker who owned a '70 AMX that he regretfully sold in the early 80's. He just related a story to me of how he found the build sheet in great shape under the carpet and he kept it as a memento of his years of ownership. I suggested that if he supplied me the VIN I could try to find the current owner and get a copy to him/her. Is there a VIN registry of any sort for AMX's or is it just a matter of dumb luck tracking down the owner through the forums.

Enjoy,
Wuttin

CloudyB
05-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I run the big bad registry and have a list of most of the vins if people register them. But I think it would be a luck of the draw and maybe you might get lucky if it was posted on some of the forums.If you do find the owner you'll make that person feel like he or she hit the lottery.

Wuttin
05-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I run the big bad registry and have a list of most of the vins if people register them. But I think it would be a luck of the draw and maybe you might get lucky if it was posted on some of the forums.If you do find the owner you'll make that person feel like he or she hit the lottery.

No Doubt! When my friend told me he had the sheet I thought the exact same thing...Holy Grail-ness for the current owner. I'll ask him to PM you the VIN or look into your registry. I'm pretty sure he wants to keep his original but at minimum a nice copy would be a huge windfall.

Thanks and best of luck, Wuttin

RayG
05-24-2008, 04:29 PM
You can try emailing Ross Peterson at amj2626@yahoo.com he has been doing a 68-70 AMX registry for years and has roughly 3000 listed i'm told.