PDA

View Full Version : flogging a javelin

javelinjeff
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
i seen it, i drove it, and i made some marks on pavement with it. I'm refering to Chris Bednar's 1970 BBG Donohue with the cross-ram intake. just happened to be in his area with my big red AMC Freightliner, so i dropped my trailer in his yard and we took the car out for some much needed exercise. although a little over-carbed with 2 600cfm Holleys, this car was losing rubber each time the T-10 was worked. even with tall hwy gears!!!.this car could have easily hit the top side of the 140 speedo but then I'd probably be sitting in Broward County Jail so we kept it under 70. 1rst gear was good for about 35(get where i'm going with this?) and 2nd was good for freeway speeds! afterwards we went after the gremlins in his wiring.all in all it's a very fast car that looks sharp,maybe next time i'm down there we'll get those dash lights working. Chris is a great guy and we had a good time visiting all the local eateries while I was soliciting all the cute waitresses to come travel the US in my BRR(Big Red Rambler). Thanks for the hospitality Chris! :cool:

CloudyB
10-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Mr. Javelin Jeff. Thanks for all the hard work you put in on her and getting everything working again. I can say one thing .You know your amc cars.
Stopped and seen Brooke the barmaid.She's still talking about that big red Semi. I hope she means your Truck.lol.lol.
Thanks again Jeff