PDA

View Full Version : New or rebuilt Trunnions?

fenceman
02-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I am preparing to rebuild the front end on my car.Any opinions on whose components to use? I have the Kanter catalog,and they have the parts.I have heard different opinions on new or rebuilt trunnions.Anyone used their parts? If so were you satisfied with the quality of the parts?Any input on the Gymkhana (sp) suspension? Thanks,Mark.

donsjave
02-13-2005, 11:31 AM
I heard too many horror stories concerning rebuilt trunnions. Better off getting new if possible
The Gymkhana suspension system (sway bar pack) is the about the best on the market at this time. It's fairly easy on installation terms and can be done in an afternnoon with some help.

fenceman
02-13-2005, 11:36 AM
I heard too many horror stories concerning rebuilt trunnions. Better off getting new if possible
The Gymkhana suspension system (sway bar pack) is the about the best on the market at this time. It's fairly easy on installation terms and can be done in an afternnoon with some help.I havent been able to locate new trunnions yet.Any idea on a vendor for these? Kanter will rebuild mine if i send them in.Also remember hearing the Poly bushings ride harsh,any truth to this?Thanks for your reply.

donsjave
02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Try American Performance in Coca Beach, Florida. They are also on line at www.oldcarparts.com If they do not have them, try Kennedy American in Ohio (I think). I have bought more products from American Performance than any other and so far haven't had any serious issues with them.

Big Bad AMX
02-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Any input on the Gymkhana (sp) suspension?Best thing you can do to improve the handling. Makes a BIG difference. Well worth every penny.

For those who haven't seen it click here: GYMKHANA SUSPENSION (http://www.amx-perience.com/amx_enterprises_online_catalog_p.htm#SUPER%20STREE T%20SWAY%20BAR%20PACKS)