PDA

View Full Version : Chevy motor retrofit

burrpenick
08-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Will SBC's fit easily into the 68-70 AMX? Bolt up to the trans?

Big Bad AMX
08-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Will SBC's fit easily into the 68-70 AMX? Bolt up to the trans?By physical dimensions yes, and though it's been done I have no idea of what all is required. I do know no AMC trans will bolt up to a Chevy engine. But if you're going to mod it that much why bolt it up to a stock tranny?

burrpenick
08-13-2012, 12:25 PM
By physical dimensions yes, and though it's been done I have no idea of what all is required. I do know no AMC trans will bolt up to a Chevy engine. But if you're going to mod it that much why bolt it up to a stock tranny?

Just a crazy/curious George here-Tallahassee FL based. Actually, I'm a big Mopar fan-having owned/restified a dozen over the past 10 years. I also ended up with a '68 AMX 343/AT that looked nice when I finished it, then I fell hard for a '72 452ci powered AAR Cuda clone and ended up trading both the AMX and a 68 Barracuda 340 for it. The guy who ended up with the AMX drove it from N. FL to Vermont or some such NE state........shocked me!
NOW I wish I had kept that one. Probably why I like Mopars, they are not so common. Just thought maybe I could find an inexpensive AMX that had no running gear, but that may be difficult these days.....and the CHEVY power is always cheap. Truth is its more likely to find a very old project that has gotten stale and needs to be sold.
Please let me know if you have any ideas on that!