PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....

Azuqui
02-17-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm new here so I'll tell you a little about myself. When I was 15 years old, my first car was a 71 Javelin SST, 304, 3spd., which I converted to a AMX wannabe, and a T10 4spd. I had to get rid of it as I joined the Military at 17. I never forgot that car! I always told myself I'd get another one. I think I can speak for the majority of folks here when I say that AMC aficionado's are a rare breed indeed.. Yes, Camaro's and Mustang's are beautiful cars, but there is something about a Javelin that hypnotizes me...... I love their looks, style, etc.,etc. I'm now 52 years old and have found a 74 Javelin AMX. 360, 4spd. and in beautiful shape..... I'm currently in the process of getting it from Maryland to Florida. Needless to say, I'm like a kid at Christmas ! I can't wait... Looking forward to meeting you guys and I'll post some pics when she gets here. :becky:

AMX3
02-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Welcome to our community, and I could not agree with you more. The Camaro is a nice car, but my first love was a '74 Javelin that had been in my family since my dad bought it new. All my friends thought it was a different, but did not have the same affection I had for the car, and even years later after it was scrapped, I still like the car. Might be the fact that I learnt to drive in it or that it was just special, but I know what you mean. Congratulations on finding one in good shape, they are becoming harder and harder to find.

Jason

jav343
02-17-2015, 11:51 PM
Welcome and thank you for your service.
Chris