PDA

View Full Version : Mid-life crisis project car wanted

AMXrated
07-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Hi all--long time reader, first time member to the forum. Our youngest child is leaving for college and I suddenly find myself with a four car garage that only has two cars in it so it's obviously time to find something to fill that empty space...

My first car back in 1979 was a 74 burnt orange AMX with a 401 that I (seriously) bought from a little old lady for $1400. I sold it a few years later to pay for college. That car was a screamer and I really regretted selling it. No doubt, like many members, whenever I see one sell for $25,000 on ebay I kick myself. So the time has come to see if I am still the motorhead I was years ago when you could actually work on cars without needing a computer science degree. The last car I actually tore into was my son's Concorde after he blew a head gasket--that was a mistake. I think the reason they stopped making the "cab forward" design was probably the high rate of mechanic suicide. But, I digress.

I am looking for a 73/74 AMX preferably with a 401 and the go-pack options. Solid body and frame would be good as well. Hoping to find something that is 50-75% along that I can finish putting back together. If anyone has a project that they want to sell or know someone who does, let me know.

Good to see there are so many people still passionate about AMC, especially the Javelin AMX.

Thanks,
Jack