PDA

View Full Version : New AMX owner

Gnrand
12-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Well I am in the process of buying a 1968 AMX 390 4 speed. I grew up in New York and my family were Rambler fans. So my first car was a 1960 Rambler American 2 door, standard, flat head 6. I tell people when you filled up the tank with gas, you double its value! In the early 70's after getting out of college I tried to by a white 1968 AMX 390 4 speed but with no credit; no loan ($1500 for that car which had 33K miles). I currently own a 1986 Buick GN, a 1965 Corvair convertible Corsa, and a 1966 Corvair V8.
The 1968 AMX has been fully restored so there is not work to do on the car. I live in Ca. so it will have a nice home without the severe weather. My issue now is finding the room to house these vehicles. My third garage space is now be converted from my work area to an AMX space and the V8 Corvair will have to sit in the driveway under cover.
Jeff

Jason
12-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Hi Jeff,

I wish I had your problem. Would be nice to have the space to house a couple project cars, but with the weather in Alberta, you need a garage for your daily driver over the winter. Any pictures of the '68 AMX?

Jason

Gnrand
12-28-2019, 11:08 AM
Hi Jeff,

I wish I had your problem. Would be nice to have the space to house a couple project cars, but with the weather in Alberta, you need a garage for your daily driver over the winter. Any pictures of the '68 AMX?

Jason
I am thinking of a Carvana type of arrangement for my cars. I have to figure out how to post pics.

Jeff

Jason
01-01-2020, 10:21 PM
I had no Idea what you were talking about when you said you were "thinking of a Carvana type of arrangement". That is such a neat idea. Kind of line the parking garage in one of the Fast and the Furious movies.

Jasson