PDA

View Full Version : wheels

xstatic
06-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Well this is my first post so i would like to say howdy to the board and I'd also like to ask a question. As I scanned the wonderful images avaliable at this site, I came across thumper. It occurred to me that the wheels thumper has are exactly what I'm looking to get on my 70 AMX. Does anyone know what the specs are for these? I believe they are torq thrust II's but what size, and back spacing? thanks for everyones help.

RGBJavelin
06-05-2005, 07:50 AM
I don't think those wheels on Thumper are Torque Thrust 2's. They look like the old school Torque Thrust style. American racing has been trying to resurect some of the old-style wheel designs, but I don't think they are the exact same. The Torque Thrust TTO might be close.
I am a fan of the old 200S style, and American Racings new version is like combination of several of the earlier versions. I have two 15X8.5 one piece aluminum rims(machined rim/raw cast centers), the new ones are 2 piece, polished aluminum rim with either a painted or polished aluminum center. I would like to find another pair of the one piece style, either 15X10, if the offset is right, or 15X7. I think the older style also uses shank type lug nuts while the new utilizes a conical seat type. I think I read something somewhere about conical lugs not being allowed in certain Vintage racing events, but I am not sure.
Anyways, I just thought to give my input because I have spent a bunch of time accumalating this little bit perhaps worthless knowledge. The Torque Thrust 2's (plus the TTO's) are availible in all sorts of sizes/backspacings, and the 2's are already polished! besides, you can get them NEW! Thats something I've never tried before :o

Big Bad AMX
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what he's running either, or if he's still running those wheels. You may want to contact Jim directly. His contact info is at:
http://www.amx-perience.com/Thumper.htm