PDA

View Full Version : Reinforced control arms

RGBJavelin
09-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Does anybody have advice on boxing lower control arms? How about reinforcing the uppers. I am in the middle of bushing replacement on my 1970 Javelin and was reminded of how flimsy the control arms are.

I think I saw in a TSM (73?,77?), something about HD/Fleet arms with added support areas. I like the Trans Am Javelin article elsewhere at AMX-periance, with the photos of Roy Woods control arms compared to Penske's. Wish I could see the Uppers a little better.
:cool:
Daydreaming about using Global West's tubelar upper and lower setup for Earliar Mustang, Huhmm...., neat stuff, wow.... looks so similar, Huhmmm...Maybe it will bolt in, yeh.....ZZZZZZzzzzzz :rolleyes:
http://www.globalwest.net/mustang_1964%20-73%20catalog.htm

New2AMC
10-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, I'm not familiar with AMC stuff at all really. I'm here trying to learn.

Although I have not boxed AMC control arms I did box in the lower arms in a Chevy (can I use that word here? :eek: ). I made templates out of cardboard and then transferred them over to some sheetmetal and welded them on. You just have to make sure you leave room for the sway bar link if you have one or plan on getting one in the future.

Just shoot me a private message with your email address and I can send a picture of my boxed-in lower arm if interested.