PDA

View Full Version : Help

salmonbo
10-24-2005, 02:21 PM
I am the proud owner of a 73 Javelin. This is a project car to say the least. It has a 1970 hood and front finders. I would like to know if the finders from a 71-74 will line up with the 70 hood? I like this car because it is not a me too! They are few and far between.

donsjave
10-24-2005, 04:14 PM
I do not believe that the fenders will look right off a 71-74. I am making an assumption that you have a 70 and not a 73 if I read your post right. The fenders on the 73 are somewhat longer in length and would not fit right at the front of the car.

salmonbo
10-24-2005, 04:59 PM
No the car is a 1973. I just like the hood and the way it looks. I have the 1970 Ram-air hood and finders. I am thinking about leaving it on, I do like the hump fenders. I am just trying to decide which way to go with this thing. I was hoping I could have the best of both worlds, the ram air hood and the hump finders.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am kind of new to the AMC world. I always liked the Javelin. When I was given this car I was very happy about having something different.

ChevelleSSLS6
11-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Somewhere, sometime, I found a place that makes fiberglass hoods and fenders for 'humpback' Javelins... have a fiberglass shop make an exact copy of the earlier AMC Ram-Air scoop and have them put it on the 'glass hood.
Try planethustonamx.
-matt
p.s. i may be referring people to other sites but the AMC community is small, so we all have to work together!

donsjave
11-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Sounds cool to me, I didn't think of that one, but would look really cool to see something like that coming down the road. Good luck in your pursuit of perfection. If you do it, can you post your results in the Photo Gallery for all of us to see. Way Cool!!!! :)