View Full Version : 71 Javelin 360. Which carb do i get?

12-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm looking to upgrade the stock 4 barrel carb on my 1971 Javelin. Does edlebrock or holley make a good replacement for the stock one? And if so which one do you recommend. The car is 100% stock with 35,000 origional miles.


AMC maniac
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
i would go with a 600 cfm edelbrock or carter afb competition series carb they are great carbs, easy to adjust, look great, and affordable too! im putting one on my 73 javelin it has a 304 and its begging for a 4 barrel! my buddy is building one for my 70 rebel "the machine" it should boost my h/p a little :)

12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
i'm looking at the edlebrock ones on Jegs, and there are a bunch of them. Which one is for my javelin. The chrysler one with electric choke? Like this one. 350-1406 at jegs.com

What kind of throttle linkage does the amc's use? the gm one or ford one?

Big Bad AMX
12-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I agree with AMC maniac. If your 360 is stock go with a 600cfm. Call and order one for an AMC V-8. Chrysler's are different because they have their fuel pump on the right front, AMC's is on the left front. So the carb's fuel inlet is on the left for AMC, the right for Chrysler.


12-08-2005, 09:19 AM
ok thanks, i'll give them a call and see what they recommend. How much cfm is the stock 4 barrel on my 71 javelin 360?