PDA

View Full Version : Disc brakes for 69 Jav

Cheesehead Don
01-22-2006, 12:41 PM
I want to convert my manual front drum brakes to power disc.

I can get a booster and master cylinder from napa but am looking for the actual disc brake conversion kit.

I found a guy on ebay who is selling them but wanted to ask here for any leads before I commit.

Thanks

sstlover666
01-23-2006, 09:03 AM
hey buddy i have a 69 jav too and im goin for a 4 wheel disc conversion. i read an article online that gave a list of what you should take from a 70's and up amc with discs. it is alot cheaper than those $800 conversion kits. ill send you the website later if i can find it :D

savoy64
01-29-2006, 06:59 PM
checkout amc forums.com-- under brakes--then title --i want a lower american---at the end of the string i have pictures of the brakes and brackets i did on my own----the rears are 95 grand cherokee front rotors and 85 lincoln MK VII rear calipers on an 8 3/4 diff and they cost less than $100----the front is a drop plate i designed that uses a drum hub with the drum knocked off---i got a 99 cherokee 12" front rotor (redrilled the correct 4 1/2 pattern on it)---you stick the rotor on the hub then cover it with an 85 cherokee caliper---this should cost less than $150------i just got my first pattern and am going to alter it slightly---i also want to try a 99 caliper on it to see how it looks----after i am happy with it i will have the laser cutter go to work on it---bob