PDA

View Full Version : javelin 72 NIGHTMARE on WEEKEND

Carlin Colorado
02-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Hello People i have to tell someone about what happened to me in this weekend it's been quite a pain in the ***...
First let me tell you about my car

is a a 1972 javelin which recently became my daily drive after my 1999 maxima had a total engine failure, everything went out fine for a few weeks but then one night i forgot to power off the stereo and it went on a flat battery

i exchange my battery with the one of the altima

the car seemed to had some problems on the ignition but it started ok
then one night it went flat out
i jump started it and took a ride to work and the car wasfailing everytime i hit the brake it went dead.
and my wife was on doctors day she's praignant
so this was quite a ****ed up situation but it went worse
i mean the car was ****ing stalling every single red light
and then on a small reverse i heard a sound like booom
from the rear axle
it ****ing brake the rear suspension and now the car is feeling like ****.
man what can i do...
forgive my italian but i'm quite fddsnfjif ksdjf j.mad menhttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/401/2171/640/plata.jpg

donsjave
02-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Hello People i have to tell someone about what happened to me in this weekend it's been quite a pain in the ***...
First let me tell you about my car

is a a 1972 javelin which recently became my daily drive after my 1999 maxima had a total engine failure, everything went out fine for a few weeks but then one night i forgot to power off the stereo and it went on a flat battery

i exchange my battery with the one of the altima

the car seemed to had some problems on the ignition but it started ok
then one night it went flat out
i jump started it and took a ride to work and the car wasfailing everytime i hit the brake it went dead.
and my wife was on doctors day she's praignant
so this was quite a ****ed up situation but it went worse
i mean the car was ****ing stalling every single red light
and then on a small reverse i heard a sound like booom
from the rear axle
it ****ing brake the rear suspension and now the car is feeling like ****.
man what can i do...
forgive my italian but i'm quite fddsnfjif ksdjf j.mad menhttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/401/2171/640/plata.jpg
Do not for sure what to tell you. The first thing to do is find the draw that the electrical system is putting on the car. Could be the stereo or something since this is when you had the problems started. This sounds like that a electrical problem. It almost seems that everytime that hit the brake and the car quit on you that there is a direct short involving the brake electrical circuit. So try implugging the stereo wiring that is going into the fuse box. It could be that the wiring from the stereo could be the problem or not??? I am not sure about the rear end going out, however it could be a u-joint has gone out. It does not take much for the joints to give out and if you didn't drive the car much, then it could be the joint either front or rear. Sometimes a joint will loose its needles and kind of get wobbly or something. Normally AMC rear ends are pretty strong units right out of the factory and it takes a lot to break one. Hope the wife is doing fine.

RayG
02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Unless you wanted it that way your radio should be wired off the factory switched 12 volt radio lead and not 12 volt constant. Where did you go to power the radio ?

Carlin Colorado
02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Today iwent to work so got no tiem for the car
and also here in mexico it was day off so
but i'll be checking the car with my mechanic by 9 am
wifes good
cars bad
damn