PDA

View Full Version : Help, 69 AMX experts!

GMan
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm looking to buy this particular car, 69 AMX 390 4speed and there are a few questions I have:

How can I find out the build date?

The car has a plastic tank in the engine compartment driver front, for the windsheild wipers as opposed to a bag. Factory?

The voltage regulater is on the driver side inner panel. Factory?

The overflow hose for the radiator goes to, and drains to the driver side as well. Factory?

There is a toggle switch to the left of the steering colume. Factory?

Thanks!!!

Big Bad AMX
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
How can I find out the build date?
You'll need the factory build sheet.

The car has a plastic tank in the engine compartment driver front, for the windsheild wipers as opposed to a bag. Factory?
The plastic tank has been added. The bag is correct. The bag should hang from the inner fender well, passenger side near the firewall.

The voltage regulater is on the driver side inner panel. Factory?
The voltage regulator should be located on the inner fender well on the passenger side.

The overflow hose for the radiator goes to, and drains to the driver side as well. Factory?
The overflow hose should run across the top of the radiator and down the passenger side of the radiator. It should drain to the ground, not a tank.

There is a toggle switch to the left of the steering colume. Factory?
It has been added. It is not factory.

GMan
04-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info.!

SPECK
06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
You'll need the factory build sheet.

The plastic tank has been added. The bag is correct. The bag should hang from the inner fender well, passenger side near the firewall.

The voltage regulator should be located on the inner fender well on the passenger side.

The overflow hose should run across the top of the radiator and down the passenger side of the radiator. It should drain to the ground, not a tank.

It has been added. It is not factory.

That pretty much covers it!

lol

Dave