PDA

View Full Version : Steering problem

LanceJones
05-27-2006, 03:01 AM
When I'm putting on new shocks, I'd also want to look into this:
my steering wheel is on 12 o'clock when standing still (hope you follow), when I put it in first and start to drive, the steering wheel pulls to the right (car goes straight) when driving faster it just keeps hanging there, so it doesn't pull further to the right... sound familiar to anyone? What's there to do? :confused:

javelinjeff
06-10-2006, 05:59 PM
if you let go of the wheel does the car pull right?another thing to check,jack up car front(both wheels off ground),center steering(straight),start engine.if steering (power steering only)wheel turns right the problem is likely the centering valve in the steering box.if the steering only shifts a little as you begin to drive forward after backing up i would be doing a close inspection of lower control arm and strut rod bushings

LanceJones
06-12-2006, 01:12 AM
it's a manual steering, no help here.. though I was thinking of putting power steering in it.
back to the problem, it doesn't really pull to the right when I let it go (only if I accelerate real hard :D ). Could be in steering house but I guess I'll have to check it all to make sure thanks

javelinjeff
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
sounds like a combination of worn suspension parts if it's a manual steering car.pay particular attention to trunnions and lower control arm bushings.also check idler arm,pitman arm and tie rod ends--something is crying for help!