PDA

View Full Version : Javelin SST in junkyard

cougarCJ
06-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi guys, I know how difficult it is to find parts and parts cars. I own several Mercury Cougars.
I joined and popped in here to alert anyone in the Inland Empire area of SoCal that there is a 1968? Javelin SST. Nearly complete car, 4 barrel V-8 and 4 speed. Kind of sunbaked interior, but the engine and transmission are still there. I grabbed the carburetor spacer plate and the front turn signal lenses.
My question is on the lenses, are these home made? They are made of resin and fair quality. Anyone seen anything like them?

The salvage yard is in Riverside. The pick a part yard called Hillside off the 60fwy at Pyrite. This car is in the middle of the Mopar cars on the second level.

I would like to see an AMC guy go and get the good parts from this car. I would do it myself, but likely leave choice parts and only go after the 4 speed and related parts.

bigbad68
06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Yes, they are home made. Very funny.

javelinjeff
06-11-2006, 07:32 PM
not far from me,i know what i'm doing next saturday,thanks for the post,amc products in almost non-existant in so-cal wrecking yards. :)

javelinjeff
06-13-2006, 06:59 PM
been raped,pillaged and plundered pretty bad as of today,not much left except for glass,fenders and doors,