PDA

View Full Version : how many javs/amx's still alive in u.s.a.

javelinjeff
06-10-2006, 10:46 PM
just curious as to how many are still alive,i drive a truck and while doing the 48 state tour for 5 years i can only remember the yellow 68 in arizona along i-40 parked behind the barn on the indian reservation land,the white 69 near grants pass oregon,and a cherry 69 sst on a car hauler i saw at a truckstop.there was an amx i used to see on the corner of olympic and alameda down by the los angeles produce market but before long it was gone(it was there every time i dropped produce for about 3 years).anyone thought about a national registry of how many are left?

Big Bad AMX
06-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi Jeff,
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.amx-perience.com/AmericanMotorsForum/showthread.php?t=87

There are some registries for just about every AMC model, even sub-models, and color registries. I'm not sure how their membership count is or has been. They can be good resources for specific information but survival rates are pretty tough to estimate accurately.

javelinjeff
06-11-2006, 07:26 PM
interesting reading,i can assume most of the cars reside in the midwest.although i did see a white jav/amx here in victorville ca. i forgot to mention.as for values of our cars,the more you'll get is directly related to how clean and proper it looks as it has always been.thanks for the link to the thread.amc-ya