PDA

View Full Version : pricing..

sstlover666
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
how much did a new amc javelin sst 290 automatic go for in 1969 and how much would a perfect one go for today?

i understand that they are only worth what someone is willing to pay but my father and i were watching a show called wrecks to riches on tlc. it is becoming pretty popular in the car resto world. i was surprised that people are willing to pay 6000 dollars for a 69 camero without an engine or hood, just the basic form. this was only really surprising because i purchased my running javelin for 800 dolllars and it was looking good. what happened here??

ive been researching the history and values of amc's and found there are very different prices out there. ive even found an amc javelin convertable that was made by some tech school out west.

I know a few other amc guys in my area and they rebuild to sell but the true values are really blurry to me, maybe someone can explain

bigbad68
06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Your guess is as good as any, but check out the OLD CAR PRICE GUIDE mag. Of coarse the 390/4sp combos are going to be worth more. As are certain other options, colors. It also depends on the originality of the car. Most will pay more for a car that is as close to stock as possible.

javelinjeff
06-22-2006, 09:46 PM
way back in the days of real cars that 69 jav with a 290 probably could have been driven home for around $2,500.as to a "perfect" car today(rotisseree resto) $25,000 would be low figure.as to a car repainted,re-upholstered,fresh motor and trans with rebuilt suspension,$15,000 would be a good asking price but remember this--quality is everything,look at the car you want to sell as if you were gonna spend the money to buy it.cosmetic cover-ups never get top dollar.you won't get rich off a javelin but you can take pride in owning a very unique ponycar of the 60's,who knows maybe someday they will get up there with hemi-cudas,but not likely

javelinjeff
06-24-2006, 12:18 PM
by the way this post should not be in the AMX section (when buying an AMX) :eek: