PDA

View Full Version : aint backing up too good!

javelinjeff
07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
reverse is starting to bind up and chatter a little,anyone had this problem?all forward gears work good,shifts a little hard with your foot in it,otherwise ok.car has borg-warner trans.any tranny techs out there?really would rather not pay aamco to fix if only needing adjustment of reverse band

Big Bad AMX
07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Years ago I had a problem with an M-11 that would shudder the car when shifting from 1st to 2nd at about half throttle. With less throttle or more it was fine (reverse was okay). I took it to a tranny shop and they said the bands were toast and needed replacing. They gave it a life span of less than 1000 miles. I was having an engine and tranny rebuilt so I kept driving it. 5000 miles later it was still going without much change at all in its shifting.

I know that doesn't help you but your question reminded me of it and I thought I'd ramble a bit. :)

On a side note: The BW M-12 that is in my current AMX was rebuilt with Ford FMF parts. I had no luck finding NOS M-12 parts. I've had no problems with it since the rebuild in '96.

javelinjeff
07-18-2006, 08:03 PM
mine is the 35 used on the sixes,previous owner had a steep little incline to back out of garage when he drove it back in the 80's,early 90's before he parked it in 92.sat there ever since,untill i got it home and made it run again.i would assume this put the strain on reverse.i have heard volvo used this trans so i might be able to find someone knowledgeable on these.to switch to a 904 would require engine change or not put in the two bolts that would not line up so i would rather fix this one.the car is a cherry original 232 and i have not decided whether to convert to v-8 car which means crossmember,motor,trans,rear end.i have tried to find info on these transmissions but i haven't found any sources for rebuilts of borg-warners to fit amc's

dct73
06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
You might try Northwest Transmission Parts. They have T35 parts. nwtparts.com