PDA

View Full Version : Now I have an electrical question

blurat
07-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I am looking at the wiring diagram for my 68 (working on the fuel guage circuit)
and see where the wires from the back of the car seem to go to a terminal strip before they get to the dash connector plug. Does anyone know the location of this strip so I can check continuity for the yellow line to the sender before I remove the dash? Thanks for any help.
On another note....I looked for an AMC in the local junkyard so I could make the brake conversion to a less expensive disk setup but there were none to be found...not ! AMC. So I sucked it up and the local Corvette guy had just rebuilt a set of 4 piston calipers, stainless lined, 175 each. The shim setup took a while but they went on and seem to work ok with the car on jackstands. I only have one more weekend to work on the car to get it to Hot August Nights.
Anyhow, as always, any help is greatly appreciated,
blurat

javelinjeff
07-27-2006, 09:35 PM
yellow wire goes all the way to the grey round plug at the back of the instrument cluster.the only terminal strip is on the back of the instument cluster.after you remove the three little screws holding the dash overlay you can remove the four screws holding the instrument cluster in place.reach under the dash,unsrew speedo cable then you can pull the cluster away from the dash far enough so you can GENTLY remove the round plug at the back side of cluster.