PDA

View Full Version : Amc Engine Builders

thomnate
09-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi,

I am new to this forum an was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions. I am presently in the proccess of restoring my 1968 Amx an it has a 390 cubic inch.
Thanks steven Masters

RayG
09-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Where are you from I know a great AMC engine rebuilder in Massachusetts.

thomnate
09-24-2006, 06:02 AM
I Live in the state of Maine.

RayG
09-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Well if you don't mind going to MA. you can email Rick Johnston here. badx2000@gis.net He's a real 68-70 AMX guru known thruought most of the AMC world and his pricing is very fair as he did mine. His brother Jim works with him.

I Live in the state of Maine.

thomnate
09-24-2006, 09:21 AM
I dont mine traveling to Mass at all. I have a truck that goes to Mass several times a week. Can you tell anything about his shop etc for example does he do all his own machine work or does he contract out. Can he do street/strip applications does he have dyno capibilities balancing etc.Is there a web site for his company.

Thanks Steven Masters

RayG
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
He's doing a frame off on a 70 AMX now(replacing almost everything with nos) and is in the middle of rebuilding the 390 in it. Rick is more of a restorer and his brother Jim is a very talented engine rebuilder. They know 390's as well as anyone. You may want to send Rick an email about the other questions i'm not sure about. He sells quite a few parts on ebay and has a 100 % positive rating. Real honest guy.

I dont mine traveling to Mass at all. I have a truck that goes to Mass several times a week. Can you tell anything about his shop etc for example does he do all his own machine work or does he contract out. Can he do street/strip applications does he have dyno capibilities balancing etc.Is there a web site for his company.

Thanks Steven Masters

thomnate
09-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks so much for the imformation Ray.

Steven Masters