PDA

View Full Version : How many left

trevorkoback
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I recently purchase a 1970 Javelin 304, 43000 original miles. Car is in unreal shape and has been appraised. Question I wonder is there a way for me to find out how many of these are still registered and driven. I live in Canada so I'm guessin these are even more rare up here.

banshee
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I was wondering that myself this weekend. I'm surprized that there isn't a Javelin/AMX registry (or one that I can find). Afterall, our 'family' isn't as big as other pony-car groups.
But if someone is wanting to start one:
1968 Javelin SST (almost daily-driver)
Little Rock, AR

donsjave
10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
To the best of my knowledge there is not a current one in effect. I heard that there was one a while back on the net, but it hadn't been updated since about 2001. I suppose I could start one, including my own Javelin and yours, but the work involved could be overwhelming without help. I could also look up an individual whom I know that could possibly get me started and show me a shortcut or two. It's just that there is no easy way of doing this without some cooperation between national clubs and the such. Let me know what you guys think.

fitz11
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
You are correct, there are very few in Canada
I have a 1969 Big Bad Green Javelin sst 390 with the mod package & go package (front discs, spoiler, C stripe).
Looks just the way it did on the show room in 69 (no changes what so ever), and from what I've seen and heard, it is in a room by its self.
And I am also in Canada (Ontario)
and getting parts suck :mad:

trevorkoback
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Well hopefully I will not to be getting too many parts. Enjoy the car abunch....Original car, with the classic E series bias ply tires still on it. Don't plan on doing anything to it...Just enjoying once in a while...Any AMC clubs in Canada

CloudyB
04-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I'll be updating the bigbadjavamx Registry this weekend.And will be running it.It was put up for adoption and I didn't want it to die.If there is a big responce or you guys want I can add a registry for non big bad colors jav's and Amx's.

cali201
04-14-2007, 04:24 PM
If you go online to the AMO web site (American Motors Owners Association) and look up the clubs I am sure you will find some Canadian information. The AMO national convention is being held in Canada next year (2008).

bigbad68
04-15-2007, 06:37 AM
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/how_many_amcs_left.htm

Check out this website for a good explanation on how many are left. Of coarse everything is just a guess, but at least he gives a good reasoning behind what he says.

I would like to have a registry of the AMX or Javelin. With that, we could find the low end number of cars still out there. There will always be people that won't sign up a do this but if most do it would a great thing.

sleeperkickers
09-19-2008, 09:20 PM
and where do i go to get a car appraised? say a 68 javelin SST 232 I-6 all original numbers matching and very good condition? i guess my more pertinent question is, would it be too detrimental to the value of this car as it stands, to swap the original I-6 for a 390, and all the necessary swaps of tranny and exhaust and rear end, if all that stuff came from another 68 javelin? how much value is lost from getting rid of the original motor, if the new one is one that was actually available as an option for the car?

Big Bad AMX
09-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Since this topic has been discussed before I'm going to lock it and direct you to the original thread:
http://www.amx-perience.com/AmericanMotorsForum/showthread.php?t=87

One source for an appraisal is: http://www.amcclassicappraisals.com/