PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tach install help needed

banshee
11-30-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm installing a factory tach in my non-factory tach 68. I've seen the wiring guide but it doesn't give me the info I need ( like HOW TO... ). It's got two post on the back, which one is the + and -, and do I need another wiring harness or can I splice it in somehow?

donsjave
12-09-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm installing a factory tach in my non-factory tach 68. I've seen the wiring guide but it doesn't give me the info I need ( like HOW TO... ). It's got two post on the back, which one is the + and -, and do I need another wiring harness or can I splice it in somehow?
On the + side you would need to hook up the any postive source such as the fuse box or ignition switch. On the negative side, you need to hook that wire up to the negative side of the coil. This can be done with separate wires somewhat similiar to that of any after market tac (ie. Sun etc.). The light hookup is up to you on how you want to do it. I normally try and fine an existing wire that for the lights and splice my wire there. In the end, you will have a neat installation without any wires drooping down and it will add some value to your ride.

banshee
12-11-2006, 11:40 AM
COOL, Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now which one is the + ? The only high ( closer to the light source ) or the lower one?