PDA

View Full Version : I think I am in Over my head

fitz11
03-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I wanted it for years, I finally got it and I spent 2005 restoring it, Now it is on the road, but I think I am in over my head in regards to maintaining it.
I enjoy the car, but do not have the facilities or a lot of the know how to fiddle with it, instead I must outsource, which I cannot afford after a few times. So I am considering selling it
What is it, you ask?
1969 Big Bad Green Javelin SST Mod Go Package
1 family owner (my Dad and I)
75000 original miles
no modifications
looks as it did in 69
appraised in 2006 at 20 k
Am I dumb?

bigbad68
03-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Sell it if you want, but you will probably regret it. I would love to have a real 69 BBG Javelin, but I can't afford another car.

CloudyB
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
In 5 years the car will probably double in price. $40,000
just my opinion.
I own the bbg 70 donohue you probably have seen in the photo section.
I changed my garage into a bedroom and when I found this car knocked out a wall and put it in for storage.lol.lol.Kinda ate up .But they wanted close to $300.00 a month for storage.

javelinjeff
03-17-2007, 05:50 PM
now hold on,get a grip--don't let temporary insanity get the best of you!you spent 2005 restoring it so you know a little(alot) about this car.the know-how comes with time under the hood and if you really want more knowledge check out your community college to see if they have an automotive program.or your local high school might have an adult ed program.although you may not have the facilities now,you may find a place with a garage in the near future(i assume you live in an apartment).once you SELL IT it is GONE...just remember that.and a car that has been in the family since day one has more than cash value,it falls into that classic collector car status that makes it special.....just a thought

CloudyB
03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Couldn't have said it any better JavelinJeff.

javelinjeff
03-31-2007, 05:40 PM
now if you want to sell it cheap???!!!!!!CALL ME FIRST-----seriously,KEEP IT!