PDA

View Full Version : Chrome on your motor

CloudyB
03-28-2007, 06:03 AM
I have an all stock Javelin that I take to shows and usualy get best of show.(probably because it's the only AMC there).lol.Would putting chrome on the motor like alternator, fill tube, oil breather, brake top,etc. hurt the value of the car?? Just was wondering if I could get your guys and gals opinion. I love looking at cars that are stock just like out of the factory and then a part of me likes the chrome.

RayG
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
For me leaving it stock is much more impressive than chrome add ons etc. unless it's a dealer group 19 item.

Big Bad AMX
03-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I prefer stock as well, but since they're add on items just keep the originals so you can put it back to original if you need or want to. Then the value of the car won't be hurt.

bigbad68
03-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Personally I can't stand chrome, so unless it was stock, you won't see it on my car. I even got rid of some chrome that was on the car like my oil breather cap and bumpers. But if you like it, make your own choice.

Ramblin'Rebel
03-30-2007, 07:31 PM
chrome it up. nothing looks worse than a plain boring engine. chrome will make you notice it and seem more impressive, thats my two cents

cali201
03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder---it is your car so you make it look the way YOU like it. I have some touches of chrome on my AMX--valve covers, air cleaner--core supports, oil cap, stainless fill tube. I like the look of mine over the stock, but mine came with some items so I did not have the originals, but I would not go back if I did.

javelinjeff
03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
i always liked the saying "if it ain't fast,chrome it".now since you have what you have---question is---do you want the job of keeping all that glitter shiny cause the car should be fast...now about those brake lights???????