PDA

View Full Version : Headers for my 68

blurat
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi, what headers fit a 68 with a dog leg. I see the hooker supers fit with all the power options but are really expensive for the ceramic. Dougs is a nice header and is 3/4 inch primaries but summit and Dougs site say no power steering or brakes. I'll probably call Dougs tommorrow but that usually means in the next few weeks after work slows down. Since that tanker burned and we need to build an emergency overpass it probably means a month or so. I really need to get my stuff ordered so I can put my motor back in. Any thoughts on this subject?
Thanks, b

Big Bad AMX
05-07-2007, 09:53 PM
I have the factory freeflows on my '69 (with dogleg heads). They work well. For another option you may want to look into a set of shorty headers. I got tired of exhaust leaks, fried starters and scraping speed bumps and everything else with full headers.

blurat
05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks, well noted and good info, I do remember having to unload my chevelle to get over the speed bumps.
B

section 8
12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I have the hooker super comp headers 1 7/8 on my car now, and they rub on the frame a bit. Besides they are stupid expensive. If you want a long tube I would go with hedman headers they worked great for me. They are only 1 5/8 but they are a lot cheaper, under 200 bucks. if you have a problem getting them to seal like i did cut inbetween the cyl. you will also have to do that to get them over your dipstick tube.

cali201
12-20-2007, 07:23 AM
I also have Hooker Comp headers, ceramic coated on my '68 AMX 390 and they fit just fine and look great. I think about 2 years about they were only $500 or so from Summitt. Hey, these are our best gals, price is no object!!