PDA

View Full Version : 68AMX heater core replacement

Stock68AMX
05-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Anybody help!

I'm trying to replace my heater core. I've removed the glove box. Removed all the lower and right side screws and the hose fittings and cover box are loose. I can't locate any other screws or fasteners holding the cover box on, but something still holds it. Are there any fasteners on the top of the cover box. Do I need to remove the dashboard to get to them?

Any help is appreciated!

JC

javelinjeff
05-12-2007, 10:58 PM
any luck yet?i think you may need to remove the crashpad to get at the screws that are most likely on the topside of the heater box although it's been decades since i've been into that side of a 69 Jav/AMX dash

javelinjeff
05-13-2007, 01:09 PM
looked at my car,did you remove the nut directly above the blower motor in the engine compartment(passenger side).this may need to come off

Stock68AMX
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
The upper ground bolts need to be removed and the ground and power wires quick disconnects. The inside bolt on the ground bolt will free the heater core and fan assembly. Remove and replace the heater core and surrounding foam then reinstall. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Stock68AMX
05-15-2007, 07:52 PM
That did the trick, then reinstalled. Working on a carpet kit and removing all the old plastic pieces without cracking or breaking them.

Thanks for the help!

JC