PDA

View Full Version : will anyone scream bloody murder?

javelinjeff
06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
got this el camino with a fresh 350 that i've posted to trade for complete v-8 running gear with all accessories for my 6 cyl javelin...how loud will the screams be if this motor/trans found it's way under the hood of the Jav????can't seem to get any bites on the trade even though the chev has a rebuilt motor with only 3K on it. i know it would be like beating your wife in church,,,but the idea sure is tempting(350 in Jav--not beating the wife!!!)

CloudyB
06-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Don't do it!!!!!! It would be like putting a crassram intake on a stock motor.lol.lol.lol.
It's tempting though.
Guess what / if you do it i will do it.
Boy that didn't sound right.lol.lol.lol.

Big Bad AMX
06-12-2007, 10:25 AM
THAT'S BLOODY MURDER!!

CloudyB
06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
lmfao.lol.lol.

javelinjeff
06-14-2007, 06:51 PM
just teasing,but i am checking into a clifford performance package that should wake up the six-thats if i even go that far....but i had to try and start a little ruckus here on the forum---it's been kinda sleepy lately

Big Bad AMX
06-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Whew, there for a minute I thought we might have lost you. Don't scare us like that!! :)

javelinjeff
06-17-2007, 05:54 PM
actually another option has presented itself,seems a local has a rebel 4 door with a 290 automatic that just might make a good swap candidate.not sure yet if the automatic will fit the javelin body(tailshaft length),and of course everything will get gone through before i do this.then my six cyl driveline can fall into the rebel and be sold for 500 as cheap transportation.also he has a spare model 20 rear for a javelin so most bases are covered.i'm thinking the crossmember of the rebel should interchange to the jav and the spindles w/10" brakes though i could be wrong.my experience with AMC products is limited to javelins(early) and pillaging parts off hornets and gremlins although i do know some stuff off the larger cars were used on javelins.although i could buy stuff individually it would be a whole lot easier to do a complete running gear swap,otherwise it might sit in the garage longer than it should.or who knows maybe i'll leave it stock.decisions,decisions,,,

Keith A
07-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Jeff, don't be a cross dresser even though it may be politically correct nowadays. The drivetrain is out there. My cousin (a Chevy head/Machinist) tried to talk me into putting a big block Chevy in my Jeep. When he got into the gut of the 401 I procured, he was impressed with the crank and block. He shut up about it and has built several stroker 401’s since for a friend of his.
There is parts to be had, though you need to sell instead of swapping, money talks.
Keith

javelinjeff
07-22-2007, 12:20 PM
got the el camino for sale too,still no bites-people want honda cars now,who knows what i'll do with this javelin,for now probably paint and seats,all it really needs.now that i bought a new mustang convertible,i see no purpose in trying to make the 6 cyl javelin into a "fast" car.i now have one!