PDA

View Full Version : had to let it go

javelinjeff
08-28-2007, 07:24 PM
i recently sold my little 6cyl javelin to a local guy who has the time and energy to restore/modify it.being in the trucking business is not like a normal job where you come home every night and have the weekend off.as my business may require a shift in operations(extended cross-country),possible relocation of home base,i had to let someone else finish what i started.the car was presented to me to prevent it from seeing a cutting torch to save an AMX,and the car will continue to survive as a JAVELIN.us truckers stay away from home for weeks at a time,only to get home long enough to pay some bills,wash some clothes,cut the grass and head back out so when you go to the store(be it grocery,hardware,auto parts,whatever)the products are on the shelves for you to purchase.this prevented me from finishing the car as i could not have it in a non-driveable condition for extended lengths of time.maybe in the future i can consider buying a fully restored V-8 car(AMX or JAVELIN)but for now i'm cleaning house in case i need to bug-out of southern california.i'll still check in on the site and throw my 2 cents in on threads so i'm not totally lost. AMC-ya

CloudyB
08-29-2007, 04:56 PM
You better. Your my #1 go to guy. You have saved me all kinds of money with your knowledge.Thanks Javelinjeff.

Big Bad AMX
08-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry to hear you had to sell your Javelin, but can certainly understand having to do so.

Thank you for your contributions to the forum, your input has been helpful and appreciated.

Don't be a stranger javelinjeff, stop on in when you can.

javelinjeff
09-01-2007, 04:51 PM
the car went to a member of SOCAL-AMX,he's a youngster who appreciates the cars and is eager to fix it up.condition of the sale was not to cut-up the car for parts.as i regret having to let it go,i wish i had the time and resources to have finished the car.but i definitely succeeded one the main goal-putting the car in the hands of an enthusiast who will enjoy and respect the car.and thats how the AMC hobby is kept alive.already stumbled onto an AMX in the area that looks ok----gotta keep a cool head here,i've got a business to run!AMC-YA