Default Not sure where????

Not too sure where to put this so I'll post it here. I have a 304 in my garage that I have disassembled. I am wondering where or if the block is stamped with a production year, or if there is some sort of code on the block as to what year it was produced. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to start ordering parts and need to know the year. Or do I? Does it matter when I go to order heads, intake, cam, etc. for it?

Okay found the casting number on the block after some scrubbing. 3195527. Now from what I found at [url deleted by Admin] it says that this block is from 1970-82. Now the same 304 has a diff casting number for 1970-71. When I go and order parts, does it matter what the casting number is or are all 304's the same?
    Last edited by Big Bad AMX; 10-29-2007 at 06:37 PM.

Hi 00Dakotart,
    You won't need to worry about the year when ordering parts. The 304s are the same - unless you're looking for year specific items like a stock carb. About '73 AMC went to aluminum bridged heads in their V8s. So the early heads are non-bridged, if you have bridged heads buy the steal bridges and matching rockers and you'll be fine to 6500 rpm.

I removed the link you posted as it violates forum regulations which can be found here:

Forum Regluations:
    http://www.amx-perience.com/American...read.php?t=579

In part reads:
    "Website names, URLs and links are not allowed in a member's username or signature. Anyone interested in posting a personal website that has no commercial intention should send a request to webmaster@amx-perience.com. These will be posted on the links pages.

This website is supported by revenues received for advertising. It is not a place to advertise sites which compete with the advertisers who pay for exposure on the site. Posting of links and URLs is restricted and must meet the following conditions:

* The poster must not have any vested interest in the site

* The poster must have at least 10 total posts before he or she can posts links. This is to prevent newcomers from posting links to URLs where they might have a vested interest.

* Links to sites listed on the Links page of this website are acceptable.

* Links to other pages within www.amx-perience.com are allowed.

* Links must be to a specific article, report, or post that addresses a specific AMC topic."

Thank you.

I am ordering the edelbrock aliuminum heads for the engine along with an edelbrock performer package. The block is .030 already so minor machining to get the crosshatch up to snuff before reassembly.