Thread: 70 Amx Dash

Default 70 Amx Dash

On the dash of my 70 AMX I have a small hole and I think, but i'm not sure, that it was original and was used for a fader control for the radio. It's located on the lower part of the dash, a few inches to the right of the steering column on the hard plastic portion. I've seen a couple of other 70's; one dash had no hole, and the other had a small color keyed plug in that location. Also, if this car had rear speakers, where would they be located? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

Yes, the fader switch is in that location.

The AMX rear speaker location is in the panel below the rear window. The AMX had rear speakers ONLY if the car was factory equipped with an AM 8-Track. The AM or AM/FM radios had only the single speaker in the center of the dash. There was NO option to add speakers to the AM or AM/FM radios.

Default 70 AMX Dash

Correction: rear speakers were definitely an option on the 1970 AMX with an AM or AM/FM radio (one year only option), and the fader switch would be where you describe it. If it was factory installed, that hole will have a little notch sticking out in it to 'capture' the fader switch properly. If someone added this later, it will most likely be a simple round, drilled, hole.