Default Changing Interior Color

Has anyone changed the interior color of their Javelin. I have a 73 Grasshopper Green Interior and want to change it to black. Any suggestions?

I changed from the Dark Saddle (Tan) to a very light tan. You basically prep the surface and spray it with a vinyl dye. You should be able to find it at you local upholstery shop. I ordered mine online but can't find the link at the moment. If you google vinyl dye you should locate something.

It took me 10 cans if I remember correctly. I did the rear sail panels, rear pass panels, door panels, kick panels, dash pad and other various trim panels. I did not dye the headliner, I covered it with the foam backed cloth found in newer cars.
    Art

74 Javelin

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin360
    I changed from the Dark Saddle (Tan) to a very light tan. You basically prep the surface and spray it with a vinyl dye. You should be able to find it at you local upholstery shop. I ordered mine online but can't find the link at the moment. If you google vinyl dye you should locate something.

It took me 10 cans if I remember correctly. I did the rear sail panels, rear pass panels, door panels, kick panels, dash pad and other various trim panels. I did not dye the headliner, I covered it with the foam backed cloth found in newer cars.
    Bulldog is the surface prep spray that I used on all the interior panels that I restored in my '74 Javelin

smyth auto parts has spray die for carpet on doors and plastic,vinyl 10.00 a can worked great for me, cleaner is the key and long dry time

SEM and Duplicolor both make a good vinyl and plastic paint/dye. Preperation is the key to reshooting the interior. Isopropyl alcohol is cheap and works great for prepping the plastic parts.