Yea, I know, this is a AMC site but I just got to let someone know who is thinking of a Dodge truck. I got one a year ago (only 9200 miles on it) and it appears that Chrysler may have laid an egg with this engine. As most know, the Feds forced Chrysler to recall the Durango's for their defective ball joints, well consumers of their 1500,2500, and 3500 series pickups with the hemis may have a big problem on their hands. It would seem that the 5.7 hemi (03 and 04) have a minor oiling problem with the lifters. I have viewed a half a dozen sites that people are really get pissed off because of the lifter clatter that engines have at startup and several more cases of total collasped of the lifters themselves on warmed up engines. There has been some cases of total oil pump failure. I do have the same problem with mine, love the engine, hate the noise. Question lends itself to be asked---- Drive this thing like I stoled it or baby it???? Got the 7 year/70,000 mile warranty on it. As a side note: Chrysler claims that the lifter noise is normal upon startup and have no answer for the lifters collasping. Oil pump failure is fixed however. So next question, Is 5.7 hemi lifter noise normal? The new hemis have roller rockers and lifters (Hyradlic non adjustable) and Dodge does bring this feature out in their advertising. Wonder if the lemon law would apply here.