Default Tunes for the Javelin

The last thing I needed to complete my interior was a stereo system. When I bought the car she had an original AMC AM/FM 8 track in the dash. Somewhere along the way I misplaced the unit and have not been able to find it. I bought an original AMC AM unit and planned to have the guts converted to digital AM/FM. The one person I found that does it was being investigated by his local Atty Generals Office. I decided it was best to keep my money and continue looking.

I looked at several outfits that made Retro Type radios but none would fit in the limited space provided. Then I found Retro Manufacturing

Their unit is small enough to fit in the limited space has adjustable brackets for the controls, will control a CD changer, has a USB port and an AUX plug on the front of the unit. I had to do some minor mods on the control brackets to get everything linded up but it was an easy modification with a dremel tool.

This is what it looks like installed.

I am quite happy with how everything fits, looks and sounds. I would recommend this to anyone looking for tunes that does not want to cut anything up.
    Art

74 Javelin

so you think resale value will go way down if i put a modern radio into the wiring harness and cut the dash? i guess if it was a classic original restoration project... i dont know yet, its still up in the air i guess.

There is not a lot of room in the radio area to fit the modern DIN radios. You have to hack a lot of stuff up. If you hack it is hard to find the parts to put everything back to original condition. Personally I would go with what I posted above or go with one of the hidden systems that uses a remote. Using the hidden system allows you to keep the original radio in the dash.
    Art

74 Javelin