Default Trendsetter installation

This is my first post, so hello to everyone. I'll get right to it, I've got a set of Trendsetters that I'd like to install on my 1968 AMX, yes I saw the other posting here with the installation instructions, but can anyone give any advice or tips on how to hang the pipes and covers? The original instructions leave a lot to the imagination. Thanks for any replies. When it comes to fixing cars, I need all the help I can get.

Will

The pipes are easy. Just take down the existing exhaust. Bolt on the new head pipes. Then place the muffler ( with the hangers on) on the pipe. Drill new holes on the under side of you car using the hangers as guides. Make sure the mufflers are level and an even gap all the way back. The pipes should be hung before the rails and shields.

As for the covers, if you have rails that are already drilled, hold them to the car just under the door. Drill holes into the car using the holes in the rail as a pattern. Then slide the shield on the rail and screw it on the car.

Thanks for the advice. It sure sounds simple. I guess I should take it all out of the box and start thinking seriously about how it goes together. This may seem a dumb question but, do the head pipes and the mufflers get welded or are they a clamp kinda deal?

Either. I Welded mine while on the car. You can't get it all the way around the pipe but it is enough to secure it on the car.