Default AMC 360 4-Barrel Intake Recommendations

I have a 1974 AMC Javelin AMX with a factory 360 4-barrel engine, automatic and 3.15 gears with 37,500 original miles. It's got a high flow air intake system, Trendsetters, thermal clutch fan and soon, an HEI distributor. Other than that, it's stock.

I want to upgrade the intake manifold to improve power and efficiency for now. Someday, I want to build the motor to make about 360HP (at the flywheel) so I'll want it to be compatible with that too. The intake needs to clear my stock AMX hood and bolt right on without modifications. It needs to not cause a loss in low RPM drivability but breathe better than stock. It does not have to retain the factory EGR valve (but I think I can order an adapter if needed). I was considering the following manifolds:

1. Edelbrock Performer
    2. Edelbrock Air Gap
    3. Offenhauser Dual Port

Can anyone please provide their opinions on which intake would be best for my combination (pros & cons)?

Any test results (chassis dyno, engine dyno, GTech Pro, seat of the pants)

Thanks.

Default intake list

Hi, find the thread titled -unusual 4 bbl intake- under my user name, scroll down to find a list of intakes with their ratings that was posted by Big Bad AMX. It should help you decide.
    Last edited by do it again; 12-09-2008 at 09:12 PM.