Default AMX BBG Cali special on Barrett-Jackson......

Just fetched like $56,500. Sweet car,one of 32 built,if my memory is accurate.
    Last edited by fenceman; 01-30-2005 at 09:39 PM.
    1969 AMX 4-speed,Go-Pack,343 with Holley 670 c.f.m.Edelbrock R4B,Isky Cam.Mallory.Dash #12027

Smile Know the owner

The BBG AMX was a California Special 500. Some dealers in California got together and optioned out a 1969 AMX with and including Air Conditioning, Automatic Trans, and Tilt Wheel. It also has the saddle tan leather interior. There was gods know how many but 32 seems a bit low. The previous owner of the car lives in Wisconsin (I beleive in the Kenosha area) and did a complete restoration of the car. I saw the car in Kenosha last summer and it was also featured (picture wise) in AMC Muscle by Larry Mitchell (very good book by the way). Anyway the owner sold the car last summer to a guy that I believe lives in California (?) and he turned around and sold it at the Barrett-Jackson Auction. An interesting piece of Hisory.

Quote Originally Posted by donsjave
    The BBG AMX was a California Special 500. Some dealers in California got together and optioned out a 1969 AMX with and including Air Conditioning, Automatic Trans, and Tilt Wheel. It also has the saddle tan leather interior. There was gods know how many but 32 seems a bit low. The previous owner of the car lives in Wisconsin (I beleive in the Kenosha area) and did a complete restoration of the car. I saw the car in Kenosha last summer and it was also featured (picture wise) in AMC Muscle by Larry Mitchell (very good book by the way). Anyway the owner sold the car last summer to a guy that I believe lives in California (?) and he turned around and sold it at the Barrett-Jackson Auction. An interesting piece of Hisory.
    For sure interesting,i talked to Tony Zamisch yesterday and he commented that the fellow that bought it prior to the auction paid $50,000.00 sounds like he broke even at best....
    1969 AMX 4-speed,Go-Pack,343 with Holley 670 c.f.m.Edelbrock R4B,Isky Cam.Mallory.Dash #12027

Smile Price paid

It is my understanding that he paid $42,000 for it. Also it one of the few cars to score 99 out of 100 points in concours judging. A real fine car it is. Looks far better in person than on camera.