Default AMC in TV Commercials

Before Christmas Home Depot was running two commercials with an early model Gremlin in them. It was an elf's car and was Big Bad Green. Both commercials I saw had the Gremlin parked in the background.

And there's a Pacer in a new Sears TV Commercial. It's a snowy street scene and the Pacer is parked on the left side of the street. It's not directly involved in the main part of the commercial but I guess you could say it has a role as part of the supporting cast.

2. Default pacer in latest starsky & hutch movie

i believe that was a Pacer in the remake of the Starsky & Hutch movie. you should be able to see it in the scene where the bad guys are shooting at them and hitting the torino instead.

3. Default gremlin in terminator

i was watching the Terminator the other day and noticed an instance of a purple Gremlin being used.

It's the car that Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor drive away from the police station in after the Terminator has shot up the precinct. The cameo comes to an end when the car runs out of gas and they push it off the road.

Post Gremlins in Movies

Don't forget the little Gremlin in the movie Big Trouble in Little China. It was the car the reporter was driving that was helping them go in and look for their missing girl. When Kim Katral runs in the rain and gets into the Gremlin you get a real good look at the interior.

Don't forget the Movie Gremlins. There was not only a Gremlin car, but there was a VW Beetle that wouldn't start which was about right. It must have had Gremlins in it!
    http://www.upmpg.com/flash/nascarflag.gif'77 Gremlin
    Currently drive a '77 Gremlin
    I have owned:
    '70 Mark Donohue SST Javelin; '72 Gremlin X; '73 Pierre Cardin AMX; '76 Hornet Sportabout

I've only seen it once but there's a new commercial for AARP (I think) with a nice early Gremlin in it. The car is parked next to the curb with the owner in front and to the side of it.

I watched a Modern Marvels on the History Channel recently. It was about the Gadgets and stunts for the 007 James bond movies. They had a long segment on the Hornet stunt in Live and Let Die. In the segment they discuss the guy that did the stunt for the movie. They repetedly showed him on the show circuit doing the 360 roll with a Javelin car but kept refering to it as a Hornet. Cracked me up that they could confuse a Hornet with a Javelin.
    Art

74 Javelin

There was a show on CBS, either Without a Trace or Cold Case that had a red Pacer in it

It is interesting that Airstream used the Pacer in some of their ads as a Tow Vehicle.....