Hybrid View

Default Where can I get 71 javelin 360 oil dipstick tube that actually fits?

Anyone know who sells a replacement oil dipstick tube for the 360 in my 71 javelin? I cant seem to get one that fits correctly, and I have done some research and it seems I'm not the only one seeing this fitment issue.

Here you go - AMC V8 Oil Dipstick and Tube Kit $13.98

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=14982#

thanks for the reply, but that is for a 72+ amc. Mine is a 71, and the ones i have tried have not been correct.

I don't understand the fit issue. All AMC V-8s used the same tube. That site lists theirs as 1972 and up because they are a Jeep CJ parts supplier and 1972 was the first year AMC put a V-8 in the CJ. But if you're not comfortable with that one try your local Chrysler dealer. The price I got was $28.99 for the dipstick and $23.99 for the dipstick tube. That's for the AMC V-8s that Chrysler built for the Jeep line, which is the same tube in my '69 390 AMX.

take a look at this video someone made and you will understand the issue with these dipstick tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuWKifbQsg

I watched parts 1&2 and I'm not sure what the issue is with the "el-cheapo" tube. Of the two tubes he's comparing (is the other a Boltair?) the cheap one falls through to the rings which seal and hold the tube in place - and so do the original tubes. The other tube looks incorrect to me but he was able to use it.

But just to confirm I asked Larry Mitchell to watch the videos. He's assembled a lot of AMC V8s in the last 40 years and has put in plenty of dipstick tubes so I wanted to see if there's an issue here that I'm missing. I'll post his reply when received.

But if you're still uncertain about these tubes and/or the Chrysler tubes contact Tony Z. at www.californiaclassicamc.com he may have NOS tubes available.