Default Where can I get 71 javelin 360 oil dipstick tube that actually fits?

Anyone know who sells a replacement oil dipstick tube for the 360 in my 71 javelin? I cant seem to get one that fits correctly, and I have done some research and it seems I'm not the only one seeing this fitment issue.

Here you go - AMC V8 Oil Dipstick and Tube Kit $13.98

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=14982#

thanks for the reply, but that is for a 72+ amc. Mine is a 71, and the ones i have tried have not been correct.

I don't understand the fit issue. All AMC V-8s used the same tube. That site lists theirs as 1972 and up because they are a Jeep CJ parts supplier and 1972 was the first year AMC put a V-8 in the CJ. But if you're not comfortable with that one try your local Chrysler dealer. The price I got was $28.99 for the dipstick and $23.99 for the dipstick tube. That's for the AMC V-8s that Chrysler built for the Jeep line, which is the same tube in my '69 390 AMX.

take a look at this video someone made and you will understand the issue with these dipstick tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuWKifbQsg

I watched parts 1&2 and I'm not sure what the issue is with the "el-cheapo" tube. Of the two tubes he's comparing (is the other a Boltair?) the cheap one falls through to the rings which seal and hold the tube in place - and so do the original tubes. The other tube looks incorrect to me but he was able to use it.

But just to confirm I asked Larry Mitchell to watch the videos. He's assembled a lot of AMC V8s in the last 40 years and has put in plenty of dipstick tubes so I wanted to see if there's an issue here that I'm missing. I'll post his reply when received.

But if you're still uncertain about these tubes and/or the Chrysler tubes contact Tony Z. at www.californiaclassicamc.com he may have NOS tubes available.

And here's Larry's reply:
    I watched it twice. I don't understand what the guy is saying the problem is. Original dipstick tubes DO fall into the hole in the block until coming to the last inch where the doughnut expansion is. Further, you DO NOT tap the tube in with a bolt at all. The problem with that is when the tube is left the normal length, it comes up to the edge of the side of the head and lip of the valve cover. And, that section is curved. Hitting a bolthead stuck down the tube is going to buckle the soft metal of the tube, especially since it is curved. I always located the tube (pan on or pan off required slightly different techniques not covered here) and used a crescent wrench--the jaws to slip onto the tube just above the doughnut. Then, just SLOWLY and LIGHTLY tap it in until it seats. Being careful not to catch the jaws on the sharp edge where it will tear the soft metal of the tube. I do not catch the problem here, only the difference is falling in the hole (as originals always did) and not falling into the hole. SO LIGHTLY fine file or sandpaper with paper wrapped in your hand on the tube and custom-fit it to the hole.

I got my dipstick tube from jeep4x4center. Com and had the same problem. My engines still in my car so I had to put the thing in sideways. It wouldn't fit past the bend since the material was slightly thicker than the original but I just filed it down and it worked. Also had to file down the ridges that are supposed to lock it in the block. No big deal if you know how to use a file and sandpaper. Easy fix