Excited to get back into AMC cars. I bought my current car 20+ years ago because I thought it looked cool. I really didn't have an AMX passion at the time. Almost immediately when I drove it home people would flash their lights asking me if I wanted to sell it and I told them I just bought it myself. I then started wondering about this "purple car". Drove it regularly for about a year and decided it might be better to buy a different daily driver. Has been covered and sitting in storage and now sits in my man cave. I want to get back into the hobby; the car needs some pieces to be correct and honestly would love to find a restoration shop that specializes in these cars to make it as it was the day it drove of the showroom floor, a complete restoration.

Some details I know the car was ordered by the General Manager of an AMC dealership here in PA, I can't remember the name of either. But I have it somewhere; it was a Christmas gift to him and was bought December 22 1972. He went through a divorce and sold the car to the person I bought it from. It was listed in some our auto trader and he had it listed as blue because he later told me he was afraid to say purple because he thought no one would want it. He had the hood grill and passenger side fender replaced from a fender bender he was in. To bad he had someone do an Earl Shibe on it and they didn't put the correct hood or grill back on, but way back then I found a NOS grill insert new in the box in Virginia and a used grill screen and turn signals. Friends here in Pa that are AMX collectors found a factory fiberglass cowl induction hood which I bought. I had the original radio, valve covers and yes the cowl induction hood air cleaner assembly in a box from the prior owner in the trunk. The day I brought the car home they were clanging around in the trunk so I sat the box in my girlfriend’s dad’s garage, forgot about them and he threw them away. So 24 years later here I am.