Hybrid View

Default 1974 Javelin SST metal repair panel under rear glass above trunk lid

Hello All,
    I just acquired this '74 SST and the only rust (and it's pretty bad) is in that little panel below the rear glass and above the trunk lid. Right where the rear glass chrome would attach is rotted. The other 3 sides of that piece where it attaches to the quarters on each side and along the top of the trunk opening are perfect. any ideas on the best, if any, way to repair or replace? Is that a repro part anywhere?

I'm not aware of any reproductions - doesn't mean there isn't just I haven't heard of any. You'll need a good used one or have a good body man fabricate one. For used 1968-74 will work. Check the trunk floor real well too, if it's rusted that bad the trunk may be affected.

Thank you BBAMX. I figured as much. Like you, I suspected trunk damage, but strangely the trunk is rock solid...even the metal beneath that piece is solid. honestly, not sure where the water went after it flowed through the swiss cheese metal...it sure didnt rot anything else in the car. Lucky me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by randallbetts View Post
    Thank you BBAMX. I figured as much. Like you, I suspected trunk damage, but strangely the trunk is rock solid...even the metal beneath that piece is solid. honestly, not sure where the water went after it flowed through the swiss cheese metal...it sure didnt rot anything else in the car. Lucky me. Thanks.
    I can cut that peice out from one of my parts cars.
    Gives you an option.
    teamamc@sasktel.net

Hey TeamAMC, liking the sounds of a piece cut from one of your parts cars. Any idea what you would charge me for that section? Feel free to send me a private message at your convenience. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by randallbetts View Post
    Hey TeamAMC, liking the sounds of a piece cut from one of your parts cars. Any idea what you would charge me for that section? Feel free to send me a private message at your convenience. Thank you very much.
    I am having trouble with the PM's.
    I can't seem to bring up the messages.
    Contact me at teamamc@sasktel.net for pictures and pricing.
    Thanks
    Bryan