Default Exhaust for '74 Javelin

To get my brother's '74 Javelin back on the road my son and I agreed to provide the needed new exhaust system. The car has a 304 with headers. Are there any exhaust kits that are recommended for his car? Have seen a couple items on-line but question how much additional work they may require. Also, any muffler recommendations?

Plan to have exhaust out the back. Header collectors are 3".

I'm not aware of any kits but if it were mine I'd just have it all done at a local shop. Get everything done in one spot. For a 304 with headers either 2 1/8" or 2 1/4" is plenty. Bigger than that and it takes some rather unique bends for rear axle clearance anyway. I would put in an H pipe too. For mufflers it depends what kind of sound you're looking for. Turbos are nice, but some folks like glass packs too, or are you looking for a brand?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not familiar with the Javelin and have only done an exhaust system on my project car which was easily obtained as a kit so was looking for any input. I thought someone might have a "success story" with a given muffler setup. I'd qualify my brother as looking for throaty but not excessively loud. Will be used for criusing and car shows.

Before going with sidepipes I had turbo mufflers and exhaust going out the back on my AMX. They have a nice sound to them, kind of a mellow rumble, and aren't too loud.