Thread: Plum Paint

Default Plum Paint

I have a 73 AMX that is supposed to be the plum color, I think it is called plum poly metalic. Anyway I want to paint it with BC CC and cannot find a mixing formula for it. Anyone know a close color to this? I like the looks of the one in Mitchell's book that is on the front cover. Anyone know the color and code for this one? Thanks,

Ed

If you go to a good paint shop they should be able to mix you up some "Wild Plum metalic"
    The paint shop here in the town I live in mix's up any AMC color I need.

Default Plum Paint

Thanks for the reply. That isn't true for all colors. Some of the tints are no longer available because of epa regulations. The plum is one of them. It cannot be converted to a BC CC color. Sometimes they use a color map book to get close but when sprayed and actually viewed sometimes it doesn't look as good as it did in the book, usually because of the metallic flake. I have seen several versions tried, and few look very good. That is why I was wondering what some of you folks had actually used and if it was that close.

The book I have shows:
    1971 = Wild Plum..........D9
    1972 = Wild Plum Metallic..........D9
    1973 = Plum Metallic.................G4
    1974 = Plum Metallic.................G4
    1974 is the year of the car on the cover. I'll see if the owner has the info on what was used.