Default Converting to an AC-Delco Alternator with on board regulator

Has anybody here done this? have they had luck? I have started the project made the bracket mods everything seems nice. Battery was DEAD so we jumped it and it ran for about 10min and died. ALT light is ON. I have the battery on the charger now. The perp is a 71amx with a 68' 360 auto.

Great Forum!! Glad I found it

After charging the battery and DOUBLE checking my alternator wiring I needed to add a jumper from the charging wire to the hot terminal on the alternator plug (the one closest to the charging post) and the switched power to the other terminal. ALL IS GOOD!! Not the "factory fix" but I would recommend this conversion. The complete instructions are at planethoustonamx

I too, just installed this setup in my 68 AMX.I too followed the "planethoustonamx" instrustions. It still took 3-4 hours to complete, but it does work perfectly. If I could assist anyone on this modification I will be pleased.I know the short cuts now , to where it shouldn't take as long as it took me. woodsman1953

If you took pictures and want to do a write up, we can add it to the article section as I am sure other would find the information helpful.

Jason

Sorry I never thought to photgraph what i was doing. I think I was too concerned with how difficult the job was going to be. I'll keep it in mind for the next project. woodsman1953