Default 73 Javelin oil not circulating.

i recently bought a 73 javelin that has not run since 84, i changed all the fuel lines and did the oil change etc..
    i turned it on for the first time and it blew the oil filter off, after checking it i noticed the oil wasn't circulating to the top i took off the valve covers and it was completely dry underneath i need some help getting to the bottom of this.
    i know its not the oil pump because it is getting pressure,i heard of a 'checkvalve' where the filter goes im not sure what thats about.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosj1 View Post
    i recently bought a 73 javelin that has not run since 84, i changed all the fuel lines and did the oil change etc..
    i turned it on for the first time and it blew the oil filter off, after checking it i noticed the oil wasn't circulating to the top i took off the valve covers and it was completely dry underneath i need some help getting to the bottom of this.
    i know its not the oil pump because it is getting pressure,i heard of a 'checkvalve' where the filter goes im not sure what thats about.
    Have a look at this link at Bulltear, it covers the problem pretty well.