Default Transmission wiring harness?

I've got a 1974 javelin amx that the previous owner dropped a '71 360 into and failed to complete the swap. There is a cluster of wires in the engine compartment that comes out of the main wiring bundle that is labeled "trans wiring harness" and has a plug on he end of it. I cannot visibly see or feel any plug-in spots on the tranny that this harness would plug into. Nor can i find anything online about it. The original setup was an a998 torqueflite I believe, with the 304 motor. It now has an m11. Could the wiring harness be for the original tranny that the older m11 didn't need? If so, is there any type of conversion or anything I need to do to hook those wires up where they need to go? Or are they just pointless by now? Any help will be incredibly appreciated. Thanks!

--Levi

Quote Originally Posted by Centerline6 View Post
    I've got a 1974 javelin amx that the previous owner dropped a '71 360 into and failed to complete the swap. There is a cluster of wires in the engine compartment that comes out of the main wiring bundle that is labeled "trans wiring harness" and has a plug on he end of it. I cannot visibly see or feel any plug-in spots on the tranny that this harness would plug into. Nor can i find anything online about it. The original setup was an a998 torqueflite I believe, with the 304 motor. It now has an m11. Could the wiring harness be for the original tranny that the older m11 didn't need? If so, is there any type of conversion or anything I need to do to hook those wires up where they need to go? Or are they just pointless by now? Any help will be incredibly appreciated. Thanks!

--Levi
    I don't know other than to ask if you've compared the two wiring diagrams for anything similar. There's a 1973 TSM online here http://www.tocmp.com/manuals/AMC/197...ice/index.html and a 68, 69 wiring diagram for the M11 here http://www.amx-perience.com/AMXwiringDiagram.php
    Maybe that'll help?

Yea hey thanks man, it appears that the m11 only has wiring for the kickdown switch and the back up lights, I've ordered a wiring diagram for the 74 amx so we'll see where this harness business is supposed to go.