Default Chevy motor retrofit

Will SBC's fit easily into the 68-70 AMX? Bolt up to the trans?

Quote Originally Posted by burrpenick View Post
    Will SBC's fit easily into the 68-70 AMX? Bolt up to the trans?
    By physical dimensions yes, and though it's been done I have no idea of what all is required. I do know no AMC trans will bolt up to a Chevy engine. But if you're going to mod it that much why bolt it up to a stock tranny?

Default Silly questions

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad AMX View Post
    By physical dimensions yes, and though it's been done I have no idea of what all is required. I do know no AMC trans will bolt up to a Chevy engine. But if you're going to mod it that much why bolt it up to a stock tranny?
    Just a crazy/curious George here-Tallahassee FL based. Actually, I'm a big Mopar fan-having owned/restified a dozen over the past 10 years. I also ended up with a '68 AMX 343/AT that looked nice when I finished it, then I fell hard for a '72 452ci powered AAR Cuda clone and ended up trading both the AMX and a 68 Barracuda 340 for it. The guy who ended up with the AMX drove it from N. FL to Vermont or some such NE state........shocked me!
    NOW I wish I had kept that one. Probably why I like Mopars, they are not so common. Just thought maybe I could find an inexpensive AMX that had no running gear, but that may be difficult these days.....and the CHEVY power is always cheap. Truth is its more likely to find a very old project that has gotten stale and needs to be sold.
    Please let me know if you have any ideas on that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roughamx.jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3130278.JPG 
Views:	593 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amxengine4.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	163