Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can't help with that one. I have no experience at all with Edelbrock shocks. Hopefully someone whose used them will comment. It'd be nice to see how they compare to the KYB's. It's always nice to have a choice.

Sorry for the late chime in here.
    I have a set that is being installed as I type. I'll get back to you when I have a chance to drive them around a bit. Chances are my review will be stellar since the 30 year old shocks in there couldn't have been worse.

3. Default totally original

im planing on airbags, even if modification is required. sure they are not typical and some straight amc guys might not agree with this decision, but i want modern performance out of my classic car

Default KYB's Vs. Edelbrock

Can you do an airbag setup on the AMC frontend? especially The pre -'70?
    As to new car handling, the AMC front end is almost like a Macpherson strut setup, isn't it? My '77 HornetAMX had Urethane bushings, KYB's, and custom springs. It stuck to the road like glue .
    My '70 Javelin just got new OEM style bushings, and that made a big difference. I still need shocks and was going to go KYB again. Price appears to be hard to beat unless those Edelbrock shocks are really that much better than the KYB's

Good question, will an airbag fit with a trunnion suspension?