Thread: The new guy

Default The new guy

Hello, just a post from a new guy in Colorado! I'm a life-long AMC and MOPAR fanatic, and am currently working on restoring a 1968 Javelin. I've owned Jeeps off and on since high school, but always wanted an AMX or Javelin. I finally found one a couple years ago and, no kidding, I saved it from certain doom; The PO was turning it into a race car and ran out of money. I've had to deconstruct what he did and rebuild it to stock. It's a running/driving, pretty much rust free car, although it needs paint, etc. To me, I have almost as much fun hunting down parts as I do restoration. Anyhow, thanks for letting me join.
    Chris

Chris,

Welcome to our community. Now a days hunting down parts is certainly a labor of love, unless you have unlimited budget. Your lucky to find a rust free car as so many up here died from rust. My first Javelin had hole in the driver side fender that you could put your fist through. Made driving when it rained a little interesting too. Would love to see some pictures when you get a chance.

Jason

Hi Jason. Thanks for the welcome. http://s728.photobucket.com/user/pen...?sort=2&page=1
    You reminded me I need to post more pics of the progress.
    Chris
    2000 Dodge Durango 4.7L, 1997 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L, 1968 AMC Javelin 5.6L 